Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spy Pictures of the Blazer Surgery!

Discussion in 'Rocky Mountain Region' started by therobzilla, Aug 29, 2004.

1. therobzilla

therobzilla 1/2 ton status

Here is the first part of the transformation! Got a little hot this weekend, but should be just about finished hopefully next weekend.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Jays Beast

Jays Beast 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif looks like the old '72 is morphing into a truggy /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

Just getting narrowed in the front because the fenders were about to fall off.

Looks good Rob. I am going to be interested to see the finished product and see how you get all that wiring sorted back out and nice and tiddy like it was. I am going to be interested if/how it will change the way you wheel, especially with the 4" more uptravel you said you will be getting. Should be cool. If you need anything let me know. I can get you galvanized sheetmetal from 16-28 gauge if you need some.

Harley

4. therobzilla

Harley,

Have faith brother! I have the wiring bug, I think you will be very suprised when I get all done with this, I was just out in the garage, checking our the rewire!!!!

I think it going to be better than the original, cleaner and with less body damage.

This is going to be a cool modification, I'm stoked about this one!!!!!!

5. Hossbaby50

Hossbaby50 3/4 ton status

I definitly have faith. I know how you operate and with Springer thrown into the mix I doubt you could mess it up to bad. Did you finish it up or is the pics the current stage?

Harley

6. justhorsinaround

justhorsinaround 3/4 ton status

Hey Rob. Once you're done you wanna come over and work on Wimpy for me? I'm havin a hard time gettin the motivation to go out in the driveway just to replace the drag link ends. (Heavy sigh) Well back to watchin the t.v.

Oh by the way, pictures look pretty cool. /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I definitly have faith. I know how you operate and with Springer thrown into the mix I doubt you could mess it up to bad. Did you finish it up or is the pics the current stage?

Harley

[/ QUOTE ]

looks awsome /forums/images/graemlins/bow.gif. how close to finished is it? [joey voice] about like this [joey voice] /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

I like it. Did you make it fit closer to the camper? any chance of it being ready by next sunday? (I know I am being selfish)

8. therobzilla

Harley,

The way you see it is the way it is currently. Did not get much done today, a little hot!!

Going to work on cuting the wings off the core support this week and working over the wiring. Don't have any sawsall blades that are sharp.

Should get a bunch more stuff done by the end of the week, and will get to the welding next weekend.

Rob

9. therobzilla

Matt,

Sorry I did not see your post, you must have posted while I was responding to Harley.

I don't know if I'm going to be done by next Sunday. Marv is leaving for TX on Thursday morning, and won't be home until next Wednesday. Going to have to see how much welding I'm going to get done, I need the 1st Amigo there, to help point 2nd Amigo in the right direction. It’s funny, I'm a Master Carpenter by trade, and I can't see the tubing thing dimensionally. I have a really hard time with the tube bending, and especially the notching thing. I just have not figured it out perceptually? With out Marv there, I'm kind of $ucked with the tubing thing, hell I will admit it; I just can't notch the tubing, without screwing it up. Once it's notched, it's totally cool, no problem with the welding and such. Hell that's the part I like the best. Love to weld, as long as I don't have to cut and notch tube....

Anyway, I'm hoping to do the rest of the tubing next weekend, but am going to struggle with it some, I'm sure. Hopefully I will have most of the tubing done next weekend, including the battery relocation and the compressor. Going to move the York to the drivers’ side of the motor, that way I don't have to run it off the second pulley on the alternator. Since I have long lost the AC system I now have an open pulley on the crank.

There is plenty of room under the hood now, just have to figure where everything is going to go. Batteries are the first, going to have my guys in the shop bend up a double battery box this week, and put both on the passengers side.

I'm also going to try to hang some fenders back on the front end, just don't think it's going to happen next weekend.

Rob

10. marv_springer

marv_springer 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sacrelidge!.... (sp?)....

you guys shouldn't cut up your trucks like that!

Marv /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

11. 77ChevyK10

77ChevyK10 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    you guys shouldn't cut up your trucks like that!

[/ QUOTE ] a few weks ago i think marv got in my truck and said "I Look at what I started."

12. mosesburb

mosesburb For Rent Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Wiring, did I hear someone say wiring??

Let me know if you need anything.

Have fun /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif

13. FWP

FWP CRS

Bootie, baby, bootie /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/hack.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grind.gif