Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spy ware ???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by lugnut, Jun 12, 2004.

1. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

What the heck is it ? How do I get rid of it ? I sometimes get a message that says my computer has spyware on it click here bla bla bla and that takes me to page like a search and has spyware remover programs for sale. Do I need to do anything or just ignore it ? Thanks for helping a computer dummy out .

2. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

You can get free spyware removal tools

Adaware, Spybot, ext.

3. 88Silverado

88Silverado 1/2 ton status

Spyware is a program or something that gets into your computer then reports your surfing habits back to a site, it can also look for personal data and and some can be bad news.

Spybot and AdWare are two programs you can download for free and combined, they will do a good job of getting software that people use to trak your information.

4. lugnut

lugnut 1/2 ton status

Thanks guys ! I did the downloads and the spybot found 15 /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif problems.

5. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

if you routinely remove cookies form your temp files then that will go quite a ways in helping to prevent info from getting to others that you really do not want getting to them, IE internet from info and passwords and etc.

go to google and type in adaware(lavasoft) and spybot search and destroy and spywarekiller, get all these programs and click on update in them and then run them

also go get hijackthis and run it and post the log file at cybertechhelp.com forum, get a name registered there, dont delet or change nay results of the hijackthis scan without someone knowledgable at cybetechhelp telling you to or you can delete things you wish you hadnt,