Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spying on a network

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ramjet gmc, Apr 30, 2004.

1. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

I am on a small network 6 servers and 120 pc is ther w way to know if I am being tracked on the WWW sites I go to (most are truck sites) it is the 1% I am thinking aboudgt and is ther a way to stop the (spying)

2. fjleiter

fjleiter 1/2 ton status

If your on a corporate LAN, their are so many ways they can track what your doing that you better be careful anyways.

Some systems use proxies which can usually use maintain a log of who was looking at what and when..

the gateway can also be set up to track activity and last but not least the router they use can also track it. You can pretty much be assured that there is a log of activity somewhere. If they actually look at it is another story...

Beyond looking under IE's connection info for proxy settings, there is no real good way to tell if your being monitored. Their are network tracers that will tell what machines your packets travel through but not if they are being logged or not.

3. newyorkin

newyorkin 1 ton status

I agree, it's extremely difficult, if even possible, to know if your activity is being logged if you're not in control of the network devices (switches, routers, firewalls, etc). Even then, someone determined can track you invisibly.

Mike Bloomberg once said something like "Never do anything on a computer that you wouldn't want anyone to see you doing on the nightly news."