Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spyware/Adware

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by daleearnhardt01, Oct 23, 2004.

1. daleearnhardt01

daleearnhardt01 1/2 ton status

I know its been posted before but I need some help. Anyways I come home for the weekend and my parents computer is slam full of this crap. I got most of it but some stuff just wont come out of here. Any programs that will go and be more aggressive than SpyBot?

2. big pappa b

big pappa b 3/4 ton status

We use Ad-Aware at the house. Seems to work well. I have the Google toolbar with popup blocker too /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

3. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

Ad aware is the only anti spyware program i use It works good for me. Their new SE version works a lot better than 6.1
    You can get it for free from:http://www.lavasoft.de/
    If you get it rember to always get new updates every time you scan.

How is your virus protection? Unless it has been kept updated you may have one or more spyware trogan horse viruses also.

4. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    I know its been posted before but I need some help. Anyways I come home for the weekend and my parents computer is slam full of this crap. I got most of it but some stuff just wont come out of here. Any programs that will go and be more aggressive than SpyBot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Here is what you need:
    Adware(latest)free
    CWShredder(do a search)free and should fix even stubborn problems.
    Hijack This(do a search)free
    Spybot Search and Destroy(do a search) free

Hijack this requires you to review a list but just "fix" anything that is related to your startup pages, even the home page. then reset homepage in windows.

Keep all of these in a folder on the desktop for your parents to run once in a while(adware, cwshredder and spybot)
    ALSO INSTALL MOZILLA FIREFOX(free) for surfing. It will put an end to most if not all of these problems from reoccuring

For extreme cases use a2scan.exe(do a search)