Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

spyware issue

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by MTBLAZER89, Aug 15, 2004.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Ok I have been having a spyware issue. I was running the XP firewall but it didn't stop sh!t. I downloaded Zonealarm and have run spybot, adaware SE, and CWshredder. I am still gettibg stuff from prosearching.com. It changes my homepage to posearching.com passthrough coloradok5 or something like that. It also put a neat little toolbar, and occasionaly adds some nice icons (like 20 of them) to my desktop and favorites list. I ran the port check program and it said my computer was now 100% secure, but none of my programs are finding this stuff on my computer /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif any other programs that dig in deep to get this thing out??

Thanks

2. Sandman

Sandman 3/4 ton status Author

Looks like you are going to have to pull it out of the registry. Do you know where to find the "run" areas in the registry?

3. MTBLAZER89

no I don't /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

4. ryoken

ryoken Puppy Fabricator Premium Member GMOTM Winner

5. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

download HIJACK THIS. It will find and clean it.

I am using Hijack this, cw-shredder, Spyware Blaster, and Spybot Search and Destroy. I seem to be keeping everything at bay. Honestly, Adware was what i used a couple of years ago ....never really worked that well.

6. MTBLAZER89

panda found a few things but the problem is still there. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif I'll try hijack this /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

7. MTBLAZER89

problem still exists /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

8. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

go to the website thats making hte stuff and see fi they have a removal instructions page

9. MTBLAZER89

[ QUOTE ]
    go to the website thats making hte stuff and see fi they have a removal instructions page

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey i think we might have something here /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif we'll see they had an uninstall program see how it works /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

10. Resurrection_Joe

Resurrection_Joe 1 ton status

They usually like to cover thier ass like that

11. big83chevy4x4

big83chevy4x4 3/4 ton status

everyonce in a while i ALT CTRL DELETE, on XP it pulls up the wondows task manager, click on PROCESSES. when i see something that looks unusuall, i type it into google and there are a few sites that say what it is, if its good i do nothing, if bad i delete it.

works for me most of the time. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

12. jakeslim

jakeslim 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    everyonce in a while i ALT CTRL DELETE, on XP it pulls up the wondows task manager, click on PROCESSES. when i see something that looks unusuall, i type it into google and there are a few sites that say what it is, if its good i do nothing, if bad i delete it.

works for me most of the time. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

thats exactly what i do. Its funny what you find running. HijackThis always finds the problem, but you have to have it fix it. Also,you may need to track down (using google) the correct fix, which sometimes means deleting Registry lines(be very careful though and follow directions).

run HijackThis and copy and past what it finds into this post so we can have a look.

/forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

13. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If you have a program that is hijacking your browzer. Chances are you may have a trogan horse virus.

try a free on line virus scan from http://trendmicro.com it takes a while to load but it does work good.
    Their scan finds stuff my Norton misses. Espically spyware trogan horse and back door viruses.

14. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

Im no pc pro but I know if you have kazaa then it puts loads of shiz in your pc, I found 26 spywares and adwares when i finally deleted kazaa all together.
    1- do a search on your pc for all files related to that name and KILL THEM
    2-go to symantec.com (norton) and do a search on the file name you found it in, guarenteed its there.
    Rob