Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Spyware/virus Problem

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by perp, Jul 7, 2006.

1. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

Got a spyware question for all of the computer geeks out there.

I have the latest version of Norton Internet Security/Anti Virus (2006 full paid and updated subscription) as well as Webroot spy sweeper.

Yet I have been getting a few random popup adds for BS and in the last week and page that calls itself "systemdoctor 2006" looks all official, very similar to norton stuff. It Is really starting to piss me off as the computer is noticably slower as of late and this system doctor is getting more frequent and more pushy. last few days it comes up and the anti virus i have blocks it from running something called active x control. I then click the close button (X) in the upper corner and it opens a small dialog box demanding i install the piece of crap. it gives me a choice of install now or cancel. i am leary of clicking either so i click the little X to close it and it closes but it either closes whatever page i was looking at or it resizes it fairly small. the result seems kinda random. This is my laptop and i do not receive or send any email at all from it so it didn't come from there.

any suggestions would be greatly appriciated as i am at the end of my rope with this annoying damn thing. i am nearing the clean wipe and reload but i am trying to avoid that if possible
    Thanks in advance

2. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

3. perp

perp 1/2 ton status

Thanks for the quick reply, that looks like its exactly what i neeed:bow: :bow: :bow:

4. MTChevy

MTChevy 3/4 ton status Premium Member

:crazy: hopefully it works