Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Square bore to Spread Bore adaptor

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Jul 31, 2003.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I'm talking the opposite of the way you may think. I want one that would allow a Q jet to be used on a Square bore manifold. My friends are building an RX7 with a 350 and are trying to complete it as quickly as possible and on a $2000 budget cause my friend leaves for college end of the month. Well I designed the motor with a Comp Cams XE268H, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, guideplates, home port work, and roller rockers. I want them to put an Edelbrock Performer 600 carb on top but they are deciding to go with the Qjet for now.

2. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

The adapters sold at the local parts stores can be turned over to be used either way /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I don't think so, I guess I can modify it to work that way, the bolt patter for the spread bore is inside so it would fall down inside unless you threaded the holes or something. I have one of those on the K5 for the Holley thats on there.

4. 55Willy

55Willy 3/4 ton status

the ones from mr gasket and trans-dapt go either way. we sell them all day long.

-Jeremy

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

alright I think I see how it could work the other way just have to bolt the carb on first then bolt the adaptor to the manifold, the one on my K5 is the one brand that Auto Zone sells I can't remember what it is.