Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Squeaking While in a "stopped" turn...

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AINT_STUCK, May 15, 2006.

1. AINT_STUCK

AINT_STUCK Registered Member

I have a 76' k5 w/ a total of 10" lift and 37" swampers... When ever I turn sitting still, in a trail, or in a parking lot, (really embarrasing):crazy: it sounds like a dying coyote. How can I stop this horribly loud squilling? The pupmp leaks a little bit. I would pay good money stop the noise.

2. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

tighten your power steering belt of replace it...

If its been going on awhile I bet its burnt up and needs to be replaced, If you have the single pulley power steering pump you may wanna look for a double pulley type, or even look into hydro assist, 37's are alot of tire to turn on stock components

3. MattK

MattK 1/2 ton status

yup, if you're belts show any signs of age just replace em. otherwise just tighten the shiot outta em.

4. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Yeah I agree. The problem may never go away completely. I couldnt steer sitting still until I went to crossover steering. Try and get in the habit of at least roll slowly when trying to turn. It will be easier on the steering components, and less chance of squeeling the belt.