Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

squealing front driver side

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by bad andy, May 21, 2003.

1. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

hey guys thanks for takin time to read this. a couple days ago it started i noticed it drivin down the highway i only heard it cause the noise was echoing off the concrete wall, now i can hear 30+ mph. again it is on the front driver side, high pitched squealing, not constant all the time. i'm guessing something needs to be lubricated, what do you guys think it is? thanks again for your help

2. Shaggy

Shaggy 3/4 ton status

<font color="green"> I think that this is chit-chat, and you'd likely have much better luck if you put this in a tech forum... /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif </font>

3. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

well theres only really a few things it could be, Bearings, Brakes, or somethign is stuck in there like a piece of gravel, rubbing on your wheel or brakes somewhere.... just take it apart and look, May aswell replace the seal and repack/replace the bearings while your at it, If you need to replace bearings, you need to replace the races aswell.

4. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

ok thanks for your input silver. i don't have the tools to do much of any work on my truck /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif, so i guess i'll have my dad take it to his dealer.

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I have heard really really bad u-joints make a squeeking noise. Hey, we are close, Charlotte and Greensboro. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif
    -Harrison

6. win717

win717 Registered Member

Well it could just be a sticking Caliper,very common or it could be a brake hose that isn't letting the fluid go through right /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

7. Silver84k5

Silver84k5 1/2 ton status

front ujoints wont be turning unless hes locked in.

8. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

Hi Andy!

I have the same problem with my -76 Blazer but the squeeling sound is on the passanger side and only in 4wd.

If you find out what it is, write a line here. I´m thinking of changing wheelbearing but if it´s something else I´m happy not to do that.

/Johan

9. 83ZZ502_Jimmy

83ZZ502_Jimmy 1/2 ton status

Or the brake pad could be worn out and is rubbing its wear indicator on the rotor.

John

10. bad andy

bad andy 1/2 ton status

cool, thanks for you input fellas. once i get it fixed i'll let ya'll know what the problem is and how it was fixed /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. BlazerGuy

BlazerGuy 3/4 ton status

Johan, if the bearings haven't been repacked or replaced all together in a while, you should go ahead and do them regardless. A wheel bearing is one of the last things you want to fail on the highway. If you don't know how, just do a search since it's been covered many times...

12. ankarback

ankarback 1/2 ton status

I know how to do it, and that´s why I don´t want to :-)

/Johan