Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SQUEEEEEEEEK

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by milspecjimmy, Oct 20, 2002.

1. milspecjimmy

milspecjimmy 1/2 ton status

i have a squeak. and it is anoying. it sounds like it is comming from the passenger side floor. the mount is good there, and i replace both of the shackel bushings with poly oned when i did the lift. is it the bushings? or what else should i check? nothing else on the rig rattles, and nothing that i can move by hand will make any noise.
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

2. rogerwilco71

rogerwilco71 1/2 ton status

Does it squeak when your truck bounces or continuous? Did you grease the bushing when you installed the lift(you know that stuff they tell you not to eat /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

3. milspecjimmy

most all the time when moving, and what to use for grease and can i do it with out taking it apart?
    /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

4. rogerwilco71

Nada, have to pull it out /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif (if that's the squeak). Usually you get some grease with the bushing that looks like vasaline. You can do each at a time: with a jack and stands-which shouldn't take to long. Did you install the lift?

5. milspecjimmy

yeah, it was a roudh country and it came with no grease /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif

6. rogerwilco71

Get some /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif , Good thing is you don't need to completely remove the springs, you can just jack up the frame on that side and a jack-stand under the axle. Remove wheel/lower axle on stand/pump-jack to support frame/pop out bolts/jack up a little more/GREASE'M! Mind you, I'd always have a couple back-up stands just under the frame for safety!!
    He he, one time we had a shackle break at pismo, and replaced it by placing a bottle-jack on top of the rear-part of the spring and the frame. We pumped it up and swapped out the shackles in 10 minutes /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif BUT DON'T DO THIS UNLESS IN A PINCH SOMEWHERE!!!!