Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

squeeky brakes

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Orange, Aug 27, 2000.

1. Orange

Orange Registered Member

I just took my Jimmy out in some mud today. I was out there playing around for about and hour and then left. ON the way home I noticed my brakes were squeeky when I applied them. Is this bad for them or is there a way to make them so they won't do it anymore? Thanks for the help.

Orange 84' Jimmy

2. tRustyK5

tRustyK5 Big meanie Staff Member Super Moderator GMOTM Winner Author

Its probably a good idea to wash out your brakes (depending on the type of mud)
    I had wheeled in some river mud and the silt in my brakes wiped everything out (rear drums)shoes, wheel cylinders, E-brake mechanism, adjusters and axle seals. I wish that I would have washed mine out.[​IMG]
    The front brakes are discs and should be OK

[​IMG]

3. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Also the possiblity of the rotors have gotten "glazed" which will make the squeek like no tomorrow...as Rk5 indicated try cleaning every thing out real well and if that dosen't help most likely they're glazed.[​IMG]

<font color=blue>White Knight</font color=blue>[​IMG]

4. 90K5

90K5 1/2 ton status

That happened to me after doing donuts in a wet baseball field. I think its just moisture getting on the brake pads.

90K5

5. White Knight

White Knight 1/2 ton status

Why would one want to do donuts on a Baseball Field, unless I miss my guess you're supposed to play baseball there, I hope that when you where done you went back and filled all the holes and resodded the field...jeez

White Knight