Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SS brake lines

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by ChevBlazin, May 6, 2002.

1. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

Has anyone used stainless steel brake lines from companies like classic tube, and others? I want to replace the lines allong the frame and above the rear axle. I think these are pre-formed from some companies. I will be replacing my rubber ones with braided lines soon and didn't think it made much sence to hook the nice braided lines up to old rusty ones on the frame. What kind of lines have the rest of you used? thanks!

2. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

3. Parf

Parf Registered Member

I don't think thats what he was talking about. Has any one bought the entire hard-line system replacements from someone like classic tube or inline tube or one of those companies?

4. KRAZIE87K5

KRAZIE87K5 1/2 ton status

Right... my bad! /forums/images/icons/blush.gif Why not bend them up yourself? You can then have the props all to yourself when its all over! That, and you will have saved some pretty good $$$ I would guess! /forums/images/icons/wink.gif

-Dan

5. JK5

JK5 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Have you tried "Fine Lines" 1-800-ss-tubes. They have a kit for the K-10 that worked on my K5.

6. Zepplin

Zepplin 1/2 ton status

How much was the kit from Fine Lines?

7. JK5

$90, for 4 lines, there pricey, they are mint though, including all factory bends, fittings, and the spring material to protect against fiction.

8. ChevBlazin

ChevBlazin 1/2 ton status

thanks for the replys, I may just bend them my self and save some coin. I already have one of those small benders anyway. Do I still have to special order SS or do auto supply stores have it. What is the point of the lines under the brake booster "swirling" around a few times? So it can flex?

9. JK5

A small bender on stainless.....I don`t think so...you'll need something bigger for stainless.....it doesn`t bend easy.....and you`ll need flare your lines....no, a standard Flaring tool won`t work very well, but if your like me you`ll try it! As far as tubing goes, I went to a brake line / truck parts shop in town!