Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SS line on 14bff disc conversion...

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by fortcollinsram, Jul 1, 2002.

1. fortcollinsram

fortcollinsram 1/2 ton status

Okay..so I decided to go disc on my 14bff...I have the extended brake line from the chassis to the axle...now where can I pick up a male-to-male FLEXIBLE stainless steel braided line to go from the caliper to the extended line i already have? Will I have to have some line made or what? Doesn't a company like Russell have pre-fabbed lines in different lengths? Thanks for the help guys...

Chris

2. outlaw612

outlaw612 1/2 ton status

I bought mine at Speedway Motors. They sell different sized pieces and any fittings to make them work.

www.speedwaymotors.com

3. Kyle89K5

Kyle89K5 1/2 ton status

I may be a little confused by your question, but are looking for the line to go along the axle itself connecting the main line to the two calipers? If so, I just ussed plain old brake line that I hand bent. Got it at O'reily's and slapped it on. Hard to tell it's not factory. The lines from the calipers down to the new hard line are TSM lines, but any flexible brake lines will work. I went through TSM for convenience. The lines at the calipers won't move much, if at all once they are on.

4. BMR

BMR 1/2 ton status

Are you still in Ft.Collins?? If so there is a place called Tubes'n'Hoses, down Lincoln in the Maztech building. Just bring them a sample just to get it right, and in about 2 hours you got your hose. I costed me around $80, because the banjo bolt fittings where pretty pricey. You should check them out.

5. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

TSM's lines are only $50.00