Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SSR Super Swampers Question

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by gassman, Apr 11, 2001.

1. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

OK One last time for me Boy's and Girl's. Blazer ready for some tire's. Like the SSR's 35/12.50/16" Going to buy them tomorrow unless I hear different from ya-all. Pro's and Con's please.

2. Brian 89KBlazer

Brian 89KBlazer 1/2 ton status

With the axle beef you've got, why only 35's?? [​IMG] I'm waiting on a final quote and should have my 37x12.516's on MT Classic II's on the way by early next week!! [​IMG][​IMG]

Good choice of tire IMHO!!

Brian
    89KBlazer

3. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a good combo to me. I ordered some 35x14.5x15 SSR's on 15x10 Classic II's last week. Should be in any day now. Can't wait...

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP

4. BurbinOR

BurbinOR 3/4 ton status

Well, that is the size I am going with when I get my one ton conversion done this month.............so let me know what you think when you put em on.

Also, what size wheel (width) are you running with them?

<font color=orange>'79 - 406 TPI -<font color=orange> K5#5 - <font color=blue>See it at---&gt;<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com>http://www.blazzinor.coloradok5.com</A>

5. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Brian 89KBlazer,
    Where did you find MT Classic IIs? I have been waiting on 16x10s for 8 months.

[​IMG]

6. Brian 89KBlazer

DP 90K5

They're listed everywhere. Where have you tried? I got a quote from Tyres International; 4Wheel Parts wholesalers, and I'm waiting on a quote from National 4WD in Burlington, Ontario, Canada which is the Canadian version of National Tire & Wheel.

None of them said they didn't have them available. Am I in for a suprise or have you just not tried those places??[​IMG]

Brian
    89KBlazer

7. Texan

Texan 1/2 ton status

A guy at National Tire and Wheel told me that 16x10 MT Classic II's were not available from MT yet but then the guy at Tyres International said they had 'em in stock....

<font color=orange>STEVE<font color=orange>[​IMG]
    89 Blazer
    67 Camaro 468
    68 CamaroSS 327
    98 GTP

8. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

I'll let ya know when I get them. 16"x 8" is what the guy's at the tire shop said to use. Wanted 16"x 10" but the American Brand rims in the style that I want come only in the 16" x 8". Oh-well. Will stay in touch.

9. gassman

gassman 1/2 ton status

Max tire size for me is 35". It's kind of a wife thing if you know what I mean. She like's to drive it too. Can't complain because than I get to drive her 72 Blazer that she never seem's to let me in. Ha! Ha!

10. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

Brian,
    Every place I called including those you listed have not had them. They said they have gotten the run-around from MT for the last several months. If you find a place that has the 16x10 8-lug on 6.5" let me know. I want them.
    Thanks

[​IMG]

11. Brian 89KBlazer

DP 90K5

That might be the difference there. I'm getting the 8 luggers for my D60/14bolt. Again, Tyres Int had them ready to roll if I wanted them but their prices are way too high!! $2700 for 5 37x12.5SSR's on MT Classic II 16 x 10's. Since MT advertises the caps as included in the rim price, it worked out they were charging me $870 for shipping and a few lug nuts!![​IMG][​IMG]

Brian
    89KBlazer

DOOOHH!!!![​IMG] Just reread your post - it said 6.5" not 6 on 5!!!

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by Brian 89KBlazer on 04/12/01 09:29 AM (server time).</FONT></P>

12. DPI

DPI 1/2 ton status

I called Tyres Int yesterday afternoon. They told me to try back today or Friday since they were out. Most of the guys you talk to in sales don't know crap about what is going on in the warehouse anyway. Yeah I am running the D60/14Bolt combo too. Where are you located to get charged $870 for shipping? They quoted me about $120 for shipping to Tulsa, OK.

[​IMG]

13. Brian 89KBlazer

I'm in St. John's, Newfoundland, Canada on the far east coast of Canada. The funny thing is that Tyres Int is roughly just south of Ontario, Canada and I'm getting a D60/14bolt shipped from there for $341 Canadian (=218 US$) so I can't see 5 tires & wheels costing that much more!!
    Just a rip-off to me. I won't be trying them again!

Brian
    89KBlazer