Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

SSRs or Radial TSLs?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Aug 14, 2005.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

hey guys, im lookin at either 35x14.50 SSRs or 36x14.50 TSL radials, Price is about the same.These are for a DD thats a weekend warrior, well its getting there. According to the 4wheeloffroad tire test, the SSRs did better in mud than the bias TSLs, so i kinda like them, but i dont know how the radial ones compare with the SSRs. which would u choose?

thanks for your opinions

2. 79k20350

79k20350 3/4 ton status

Id go with the tsl's. i have a friend thats some bad expieriences with the ssr's sidewalls.

3. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

i have had nothing but good luck with my 38 SSR's i have about 15k on them and they are about 55%. they do great wheelin and i also dont have them balanced right now and they run perfectly true. i dont know how i must have got a really good set.

4. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

hmm 55% after 15k miles? i was hoping they would be better than that. have you rotated them or anything? maybe the 35s would be better?

5. 74 chev

74 chev 1/2 ton status

you would get better than that out of them i have been running a welded rearend for the last 8 months so ive chewed them up quite a bit latley.