Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stabilizer Shocks

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Nate87k5, Mar 6, 2000.

1. Nate87k5

Nate87k5 Registered Member

I have seen Blazers with a side by side Stabilizer Shock set up and would like to do this to mine. Is there a kit out there for this? I dont want to do the one over the other set up after seeing my buddy screw up his lower shock this weekend on the trails. Thanks for any help.

2. 6.2Blazer

6.2Blazer 1/2 ton status

Yes, several companies make the brackets for this. I purchased mine through National Tire and Wheel at a truck show. I haven't had any problems on the trail, though I'm thinking of removing the dual stabilizers and just mounting one in the stock location.

3. BlazerBoy

BlazerBoy 1/2 ton status

Why are you thinking of removing one of them??

4. Mr Red

Mr Red 1/2 ton status

Seen this web site mentioned too often lately but I was cruisn through Summit's stuff & saw the kits. It was either under chassis or p/u SUV stuff; either way they're there, you might have to hunt around.

Here's a link fer yah: http://www.summitracing.com/

<font color=red>David, '86 K5</font color=red>

5. Goose

Goose 1/2 ton status

I used to have a dual side by side stabilizer made by Black Diamond (Warn). It didn't take too long before I had dents, dings, and scratches in them making them look bad. I have a 4" lift and 33" tires on my Blazer and realized that they were overkill. I kept one and mounted it in the stock location and have been very happy. It's protected by the steering link and there isn't uneccessary crap hanging underneath catching weeds, trees, and small furry animals. I've driven over 85mph and never had any wheel shimmy or other problems. I've also smacked some curbs and not had the steering wheel jerk out of my hand. Bigger lift and more tires may need more dampening. Oh yeah, my dad has a two KaiserJeep M715's and neither came with a steering stabilizer. (Also no power steering, power brakes, etc.) Of course, their top speed is about 60mph for any length of time.