Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stacey David

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by big94gmc, Jul 29, 2006.

1. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I just love how easy he makes everything look.... Makes me sick.

I'm watching the buildup of project Blackjack (Joe Gibbs Chevy). Freaking nice. When was the giveaway?

2. eclipse

eclipse 1/2 ton status

thats the beauty of TV for ya.... just like overhaulin

3. TDAWG1

TDAWG1 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Long time ago. These are alllrepeat shows from last year. Now there are those two Gorrila pumpers the run the TRUCKS show. Oh wait one of them is the Gorrilla

4. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I know.... I was just making a point that I enjoyed when he was on the show - excuse me, when he WAS the show. The douche bags now tick me off.

And, I'm also making the point that it makes me sick how easy he makes it all look.

5. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

I'm sad to say I don't even watch the show anymore, been watching it since day one, but since Stacey is gone there's no point. His website says he has a new show coming, I'm definately looking forward to that.

Andy

6. TDAWG1

Ditto and I too am not watching the New guys which suck Cause I loved that show

7. Ben B.

Ben B. 1/2 ton status

There's always the TV magic, but i'm sure most guys here will agree that Stacey is an awesome guy and made a great host.

8. randy88k5

randy88k5 1/2 ton status

Yeah, X2, I thought Stacey made a grat host. I didnt like Mel Fair too much (in the old days). I dont watch the new show cause I dont really like the hosts, and they dont seem to do too many projects that interest me. It just seems to be "how much electronic bolt-on horepower can you stuff in a truck" nowadays.

I agree, they do make projects look pretty easy, but you cant show all the time it takes to do this stuff on a half hour tv show. What he does in a half hour, he usually puts a disclaimer saying it would take about an afternoon or a weekend to do.

9. spearchucker

spearchucker 1/2 ton status

Add me to the list too. Each week I hope that they'll do something cool, but I get about 5 mins into it and can't stomach them anymore. Whoever thought of letting Stacey go and hiring these clowns needs to check themself into the nearest mental institution.

10. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

X2.

11. CyberSniper

CyberSniper 1/2 ton status Premium Member

I'd rather watch Truck Universe. :eek1:

12. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

I'll keep watching the show because if you guys have never heard of Kevin Tetz before he came on the show, you should do a search and do some reading about him. His works on quite a few cars have been pieces of art that can, or have, put guys like Coddington to shame. :wink1:

Give the new guys a shot, especially Tetz. Even though his specialty is body work and painting, he's still someone to watch for.

13. TDAWG1

Yeah I've seen his work and I do think it is tits but I am just so dang Partial to David ya know! I did watch today and eventhough I did not like it I enjoyed the heck out of that V8 sound.

14. reverett

reverett Registered Member

I'm just tired of seeing so many Diesel upgrades, once you've seen a computer upgrade or a cat back install, you've seen them all.

15. tiger9297

tiger9297 1/2 ton status

it Tetz the muscle guy or the normal guy? I can't stand to hear that muscle guy talk. I did notice that at first he wore really tight shirts and seemed to be flexing for the camera everytime he was on. The producers must have gotten the hint that the fans don't like that crap cuz every time i've seen it lately he has on a long sleeve shirt. What the heck does he know about vehicles anyway? Does he have some history with cars that I just don't know about?

16. thatK30guy

thatK30guy 1 ton status Premium Member

Tetz is the smaller guy, the normal one. Do a search online about him. He's already made a name for himself.

17. k2mslskier

k2mslskier 1/2 ton status

From what I understand he was the one that did the paint on Copperhead. I don't doubt that he may be a good mechanic/painter/builder/whatever...I just can't stomach that it seems every show that I catch a glimpse of is like having deja vu because it's something Stacey did 3 years ago. I mean honestly, how many times can you bolt the same stuff onto a truck, swap the same engine into a truck or how about "Hey check out these slick new flame throwers we got to stick into the tailpipe of this taildragger so we can see some sparks and flames." Woohoo.

I did catch Extreme 4x4 today though, and I was very interested in watching them build a goosneck trailer from scratch. Nice to see new shows now and then. Then again maybe that was a repeat too.

18. Quackaddict

Quackaddict 1/2 ton status

Stacey was the man NUFF SAID.........The only reason I even DVR TRUCKS is because Xtreme 4X4 runs long and I have to record it to get the end of that show....which sucks cause I used to really like it.

Kevin Tetz did a lot of good work and has made a name for him self...........and now he is trying to make a bigger name for himself by doing all the things stacey already did!!!!

I do think if Paul Vinson (the one who talks like he constipated) went away I may watch it again. They just haven't done anything I haven't already seen or have any intrest in....... i.e their budget build up, wish my budget to "keep it on the cheap" as they said was 10K:rolleyes:

19. Col_Sanders

Col_Sanders 3/4 ton status

Trucks used to be my favorite show on TV! Copperhead, Big Blaze, Harry Hauler, Little Red Truck, Wicked Willy's, and the Bronco (cant remember the name) were great! I tried to watch the show with the new guys a few times but I cant handle it. The normal sized guy is OK but the muscle dork ruins it for me. He is nothing but an actor and they showed a commercial he did for some vacuum cleaner on one of the early shows. If he left I could stomach it.

Xtreme 4x4 is a good show I DVR it so I dont have to be near the tv the same time as Trucks is on. My cable company still puts Stacey on as the host for Trucks in the description and I am dissappointed every time when I see the goon instead.

20. big94gmc

big94gmc 1/2 ton status

I think they should change the name of the show to "Poser".

:haha: