Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stacking springs?

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by emoo99, Mar 31, 2003.

1. emoo99

emoo99 1/2 ton status

ok guys i have a wierd question, my friend is parting his 89 jimmy and i have and 86 blazer, right now his suspension is about an inch taller than mine and i'm swaping out his 3.73 gears for my 3.08's my question is if we swap springs also is there a way i can take apart the spring pack and add one of the leafs from my blazer now to the pack from his jimmy springs so really, when it's all done my blazer would be sitting on his springs with one extra leaf from my old springs?, kinda funny to word but i was thinking it would be a good alternative to getting add-a-leafs or to buy a 4in lift kit.. just have a couple of the same leafs in each pack..what kind of new brackets would i need.. u-bolts, center bolts? i've never done a swap before.. i'm thinking it would ride twice a rough after it's all installed, am i right?..

2. DukeBoy88

DukeBoy88 1/2 ton status

Yep you're right, it would be stiff. I had add-a-leafs as my very first lift 2.5", It gave me height but no flex.