Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stainless brakelines sold individually????

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by bigbadchev84, Jun 12, 2005.

1. bigbadchev84

bigbadchev84 1/2 ton status

I really messed up to day and was trying to take off my lift to install it on my shortbox and wasnt paying attention that i jacked up the front end so much that i pulled one of my front braided stainless brakelines apart, my question is can i buy them individually, or am i screwed and have to pony up the $100 for a new set of three.

2. walla2k5

walla2k5 1/2 ton status

Bought mine from National Tire and Wheel, Skyjacker steel braided for Chevy 1-Ton

Front pair....$74 part # SK FBL29

Rear....$38 part# SK RBL

plus shipping...

3. jekbrown

jekbrown I am CK5 Premium Member GMOTM Winner Author

dude, for a similar amount of $ you can get super bling bling kevlar + stainless lines from keithflux over on pirate. I got a pair from him... they are super long, 36", feature one piece ends and cost $85 shipped. Worth the extra $10, believe me, these are the best brake lines I have ever seen.

j

4. wy4tt

wy4tt 1/2 ton status

I had mine made locally here from a place called Hose Mart. Funny name, but they're great lines. They'd do one at a time. You might find a place like that near you. Also, some places aren't licensed to do DOT steel braided lines, but will build them for a "race truck" if you ask them and they are as good as you'll find, fwiw.

5. mouse

mouse 1/2 ton status

ORD has sold me one line when I had one rip out on a trail.

6. ntsqd

ntsqd 1/2 ton status

I prefer to make them myself using the screw together hose ends. I make them a little long and carry both some extra hose and one of each type of hose end. That way field repairs are possible.