Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stainless steel brakelines

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by muddybuddy, Jan 1, 2006.

1. muddybuddy

muddybuddy 3/4 ton status

where can i pick up some stainless steel brake lines for a decent price?

2. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

They are all pretty much the same price, right around $200.

www.inlinetube.com
    www.classictube.com

LMC has them as well I think, but they might not be the best for this type of item, plus if you have any custom needs, like slighty longer master to prop valve, or a K5 w/1ton axles (14bff), then you'll need the above 2 places.
    I can vouch for inline tubes stuff. Excellent quality, I've fitted my C10, and my K5 both without any trouble. I told inline I had a K5, but with 1 ton axles and they can mix the lines to get what you need for a perfect fit. Excellent customer service, had some custom SS parking brake cables made there too.

3. jk3078

jk3078 1/2 ton status

I got mine through Les Shwab Tire but I dont think their chain has stores back east. The lines where made by Crown industrys or crown somthing or other If thats any help. I paid $90 for the 2 front lines,dono if thats reasonable or not but when I ran a tree over and sheared one off the caliper Crown warranted the part with no questions. When I need extended lines again I'll go Rough Country as their kit has the 2 front and 1 rear line for $30 bucks or so not braided stainless but at the price still a good deal. hope this helps!

4. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

$200? Sheesh. I think Procomp's stainless lines were only about $80-90 for all three lines at 4WP's, and I never buy stuff retail. I would think it could be had for less. Just paid 16.99 for new lines for my D60 swap from the superlift scratch and dent store.:D

5. muddybuddy

only problem is since ive got 9" of lift, the small cheap ones wont work doh.

6. 73k5blazer

73k5blazer Unplug the matrix cable from the back of your head Premium Member

I was assuming he meant hard lines. It's 200 for a complete set of all the hard brake lines on your truck in SS.

7. muddybuddy

im just looking for the front lines to replace the rubber ones i got now that are too short. i got a longer rear one so i just need to bend the hard lines for there to the disc's

8. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Well the ones I got were for a 8-9" lift on a IFS rig, but I'll be using them on a FLEXY 6" straight axle truck. I don't know how much longer than stock they are, I guess I could measure them. I don't think you'd need more than that, I doubt a 9" suspension will be doing a whole lot of drooping anyway. You could also gain some length by moving where your brakeline mounts. Take it out of the hole going through the frame, and have it go under the frame instead. You could easily make brackets or just clamp them in place.

9. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

Ah, I didn't think of that. I suppose a complete hard line kit would be quite a bit of SS, and a price always comes with that. :eek1: