Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stainless Steel In My Eye...Now Thats Some Bling Bling

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Drey, Mar 28, 2006.

1. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Cutting a stainless steel bumper on a truck at work today. Gaurd in place on the grinder I was using, I was wearing saftey glasses and still got some in my eye.

Small burn and abbrassion is what the doc said. He put some yellow stuff in my eye to numb it and took out the small peice of metal.

I was there maybe 15 min. $95 bucks, thank god for workmans comp. I got some eye drops too, I dont know how much they were though either.

2. muscle

muscle 1/2 ton status

Ive had mild steel in my eye before. by the time I made it to the ER you could see it rusting. Being that yours was stainless, i guess you would not have that enjoyment of seeing it rust in your eye.

3. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

Hehe, good thing it was stainless. I've had metal rust in my eye before. I don't get charged though, my dad's the one that digs that crap out for a living. :haha:

4. Drey

Drey 3/4 ton status

Eh Ive seen enough rust in my life(damn iowa road crews)

Im just glad its out and I didnt have to get any eyeball stuff dremeled out like my dad did when it happend to him. He had to wear a white patch over his eye for awhile too.

Mikey you lucky dog, no bills, and ur dads got a tow rig.

Granted my dad pulled out my baby teeth with pliers...but he only drives an S10:rolleyes:

5. 87BrnRsd

87BrnRsd 1/2 ton status

I had the same thing happen. I had to have the yellow numbing stuff rubbed on my eyeball with a q-tip to numb it so they could extract the metal. I think it got in there from grinding my shock mounts off my 14ff, or cutting my fenders, or drilling into my frame, or.....well im not sure where it came from. Anyways, it didnt seem to bother me that bad that the eye doctor was mutilating my eye with his evil instruments.
    -Harrison

6. mikey_d05

mikey_d05 1 ton status GMOTM Winner

I used to have to drag my dad down to his office all the time since I didn't wear safety glasses a lot. He finally got fed up, cussed at me till he was blue in the face, and refused to numb my eye before he dug the metal out. I'll never forget to wear safety glasses ever again. :doah:

7. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I had metal in my eye overnight:eek1: :eek1: :eek1: now that sh*t hurts. Glad to hear you can still see.

8. theperfectgarage

theperfectgarage 1/2 ton status

Been there and done that, no fun at all. Now days I wear safety glasses and the flip down face shield when grinding. I weld a lot also and I always wear my glasses under my welding hood, it's amazing how a spark can bounce around under my hood and burn the crap out of my face.

9. rdn2blazer

rdn2blazer 1 ton status Premium Member

I had a piece of metal in me eye once and it cost me 95 bucks too, but I had no insurence at the time so I paid for it. man that was the best 95 bucks I ever spent to have that removed.