Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stainless Steel radiator hose

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by AJMBLAZER, Jul 11, 2000.

1. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I need to replace my upper and lower radiator hoses. Was wondering if anyone knows where I can get the stainless steel radiator hoses you see on street rods and show cars. Haven't been able to find anywhere in my area. Thanks.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's

2. MICHIGAN BLAZER

MICHIGAN BLAZER 1/2 ton status

You're not talking about the braided stuff w/the colored connectors on the end are you?...if you are any auto parts store should either have them or be able to order it. But those are only a cover over your rubber hose.

<font color=red>MICHIGAN BLAZER
    <font color=green>89 Fullsize Blazer
    87 Cherokee
    65 IH Scout

3. chevy4x4

chevy4x4 1/2 ton status

yeah, I know what u r talking about. I saw that on horse power tv I think. I can't remember the company that was selling them

<font color=red>Chevy4x4<font color=red>[​IMG]
    http://fourbyfour.coloradok5.com

4. nyyef

nyyef 1/2 ton status

are you getting them for form or function?
    form: then just get a dress-up kit from russel or another dress up company.
    function: think about getting one of those blue goodyear hoses instead, i have had nothing but success with them, on my 78 blazer and my 69 chevelle.

Knife.

5. Todd78/87

Todd78/87 1/2 ton status

Like this? See attached.....
    These are just the slip overs,, any auto store should have them.

Todd 78/87[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Alaska Bound

6. Shawn

Shawn 1/2 ton status Premium Member Author

I have the racing stainless braided hoses going to my heater core and carb. These things are hard as hell to cut and have a higher psi rating. The slip on covers can be cut with regular scissors where the racing hoses have to be cut with a hacksaw. My upper radiator hose is a slip on cover but I may replace it with a racing hose someday. The bottom one is rubber and has to be formed to go around the frame so the racing hose can't be used since they hardly bend. You should be able to get the stainless braided hoses at Summit or Jegs. The only thing is the stuff is pricey.

Another hose that I've seen but never tried is the cool flex hose:
    http://www.coolflex.com

IMHO- The standard rubber hoses work great and if I had to to it over, I would of just stayed with the rubber or the goodyear blue hoses.

Good luck!

Shawn
    87 K5

7. 79Guy

79Guy 1/2 ton status

I bought one of those braided slip-on dress-up kits when I was bored this weekend. I put them on the heater hoses and upper radiator. Now that I've done it, I think they actually look pretty stupid. I think it looks better with raw blazer parts than with the silly braided dress and shiny blue collars!

7 Chiln - 1 Blazer

8. AJMBLAZER

AJMBLAZER Better to be lucky than good. Premium Member

I am talking about the actual hoses, not the dress up kits. Thanks for the cool-flex site! Nyyef got any info on how I can look up those blue hoses from Goodyear? What are their improvements over stock rubber hoses? Thanks guys.

1992 Blazer Sport, 350 TBI, 4L60, 3" Gibson, K&N, 3" Rancho, 285/75R16 on 16x8 Baja's