Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stalling out when hot

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by cabledawg, Feb 18, 2007.

1. cabledawg

cabledawg Secret Squirrel Premium Member

88 4x4 Burb 1/2 ton. 350/700/208. Runs fine when cold, but keeps stalling out when the engine is hot. Idles ok but the second I touch the go pedal it stalls. Dumping too much gas into the TBI. I can sit and watch it pool up when the engine quits. When I start it back up, lots of black smoke and reeks of gas. I've already checked the EGR, PCV and the entire TBI unit. I took the belt off the smog pump (AIR system) and at least now it will start when flooded. Any help will be much appreciated.

2. Jrgunn5150

Jrgunn5150 1/2 ton status

Did you check your IAC?

3. cabledawg

Not sure what that is but the girl who owns this asked around and found out it might be the temp sensor on the intake manifold. Same thing? None the less, I'll try swapping that out and see if it works.

4. Jrgunn5150

Jrgunn5150 1/2 ton status

Ide Air Control, it's like your choke.

5. Thunder

Thunder 3/4 ton status

If you can watch the gas pool up on the throttle plates when the engine if off you probabally have a leaking injector. They should not drip at all when the engine is not running. Have you checked for trouble codes? That should be the first thing you do before randomly replacing parts.

6. cabledawg

No it was pooling up right before the engine quick, but it was the temp sensor so it is fixed and runnin like a champ.