Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stalling truck

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by JimmyJuneau, Jan 19, 2002.

1. JimmyJuneau

JimmyJuneau 1/2 ton status

Ok most of you know I had a ton of problems with my Q jet and choke awhile back. Well guess what more problems. It dies on me when I am at a stoplight or when Im about to park and the truck is at idle. I had the carb rebuilt and a choke and the choke oil switch replaced. now it is stallling out and dying on me. what could it be. DO you think it needs to be adjusted some more?

1985 GMC JIMMY

2. mdm365

mdm365 1/2 ton status

man I just had the same problem with mine this last weekend I just put a crate 350in my blazer and my Q-jet was causing mine to do the same ran fine when I was at speed and as soon as I came to a stop it started to lope and soon want to die---I pulled the carb and rebilt it come to find out the well plugs under the bowl were leaking so good old j-b weld overnight and the out come was soooo good.the kit around 10.00 and 4.00 for the j-b weld and some free time.

1977 k5-blazer 4"softride 3.5 in rear dana 44,12 bolt rear,now 350 &,205 t-case,465 trans,new headers and new 2 1/2 inch turbo muffler exaust.