Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stalling when cold

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by Ledzoso, Aug 14, 2005.

1. Ledzoso

Ledzoso Registered Member

I have seen a question about this before but have forgotten the way to fix it.

I have a 1987 GMC Jimmy with a 350 and TBI. When I start it up on a cold morning it has a rather erratic idle and will stumble when I start driving. The problem corrects itself when the motor has been at operating temp for a while.

I remeber reading in the past about an IAC valve??? and some other components that will fix this. Im not yet real TBI savie yet so all help would be appreciated.

Thanks a ton

2. StuShoots

StuShoots Newbie

any luck?

Sorry no one ressponded to you, because it sounds like you have the exact same problem as me. Bought my 85 Blazer this summer and it started great everytime. But now it does the same as yours. Did you figure out what it was? I'd like to know if you did.
    Stu
    s_shoots@hotmail.com

3. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

Coolant temp sensor is the first thing to replace, assuming you have the correct amount of coolant and the coolant is in good shape. If the temp sensor sends the wrong reading to the ecu the mixture will be too lean or too rich on the injected models.