Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

stand alone computers?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by eightyone, Dec 28, 2006.

1. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

does anyone know where i could get a computer for a 2000 6.5L? i heard you can get a stand alone computer for them. im outting a 6.5 in my 78 crew cab, and i found a motor and tranny, but it doesnt come with the computer. any help would be awsome, thanks.

2. uao85

uao85 1/2 ton status

It would be pretty easy to do it yourself, just have the dealership flash out all of the security programming, and then next you have to rewire the wiring harness to eliminate everything that wont be used like abs stuff. I have no idea what all would need to be modded though for a 6.5 to work well.

Remington

3. twodollars

twodollars Registered Member

I have a stock PCM from a 2002 H1. That would work for you, its OBD2, and the H1's did not have any security (pass key, vats, etc) built into them. Just let me know.

4. eightyone

eightyone 1/2 ton status

is that computer going to plug right in and work? if so, let me knwo how much you want. and where you are located. thanks.

5. twodollars

twodollars Registered Member

That would be a plug and play operation. For best operation a TDC offset learn would be helpful, but not necessary. Fourty bucks and I'll ship it. If for some reason it won't work for you, you can have your money back. It is a take out from a running truck. Factory cal is 195 hp and 440 lb/ft. The truck used a center mount turbo, but the controller doesn't know the difference, as the sidemount and centermounts are both controlled using the same vacuum valve. I am in Wayne, MI (near detroit). Send me an email at two.dollars@hotmail.com for specifics if you want.