Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Standalone Multipoint Fuel Injection?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by sled_dog, Mar 7, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Sep 3, 2002
    Is there a cheap way to put together your own Multipoint fuel injection system? TPI setups are going for more and more on Ebay(I should have bought one when they were only $200) and I'd need a chip on top of that. A setup I can just throw a laptop in my toolbox(with foam around it) and tune when needed sure would be nice. Ignition control would be cool, but I would think it cheaper and easier to just forget that and go with whats there(besides I can buy a nice MSD distributor for the carb setup then no need to remove it later).
  2. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Dec 13, 2000
    Isn't the megaquirt what you are talking about?

Last I heard it was going to come out with timing control as well, so that may already be reality.

TPI shouldn't set you back but $500 or so (initially) but it will still add up depending on what you need to do with it. If you have a laptop, you can start burning your own PROMs for less than $300.

No idea what the seperate parts for a megasquirt system would cost, but things like fuel rails and what not (seperately) seem to be incredibly expensive.

Personally I think the timing control of stock systems is a big plus.