Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stanley Impact

Discussion in 'The Tool Shed' started by MTBLAZER89, Jun 9, 2006.

1. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

Anybody use one of these? I get a 10% discount at Wally World and it's only like $50. I know ya get what ya pay for, but with a 3 yr warranty and Wal Mart will take anything back for an exchange. Also what about Campbell Hausfeld air tools? Basicly I am looking for opinions on cheap air tools:D, or should I stick to the $90 range Craftsman? Would it be better than the Stanley even though it's specs are lower? This is for occasional use only. Big projects and one in a while stubborn bolts. Also looking for an inexpensive 3/8 air ratchet and hammer.

Stanley link <---

2. k20

k20 3/4 ton status

All I got are cheap air tools. I hit up the Harbor freight $15 specials, run it till its broke, and buy another. Only downside to the cheap tools, is they seem to use more air (more inefficient) and if you have a smallish compressor, that could be a problem.

3. MTBLAZER89

MTBLAZER89 3/4 ton status GMOTM Winner

I have a 33 gal 2hp 150 psi Craftsman compressor. The specs on it are way above all the tools requirements I have looked at. I kinda have the same outlook. Run it till it breaks. I have had a B&D 4.5" angle grinder with a 2yr warranty I get a new one about every 12-18 months cause it just gives up:D