Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starcraft Suburban Conversion Info?

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by AZ_Overdrive, Dec 5, 2005.

1. AZ_Overdrive

AZ_Overdrive 1/2 ton status

I have been running across a few Suburbans out there that have a Starcraft conversion on them. I am assuming this was some sort of aftermarket conversion similar to Vans.

My question is, does anyone have any good pics of the interiors of these? Looking for 89 - 91 pics.

Thanks for any info.

2. dremu

dremu Officious Thread Derailer Premium Member

Check out my Brochures page ... go to 1991, and there's a GMC Starcraft thing in there with some pix.

-- A

3. AZ_Overdrive

AZ_Overdrive 1/2 ton status

Great! Thanks!

Never herd of them before today.

Thanks again!

4. WhiteBurb

WhiteBurb 1/2 ton status

A lot of them had captains chairs for all passengers. They had nice wood consoles, special trim and such.

5. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

When I was younger my dad had one that was done by a company called travelquest. It had the nice wood work all over, comfy captains chairs up front, super soft middle seat and a fold flat (for a bed) rear seat. Nice custom graphics on the side and some special stereo controls for the back seats as well as limo lights on the inside. It was pretty cool, except for the huge fiberglass running board/fender flare things.

6. beater_k20

beater_k20 Banned

exactly the same idea, and actually Starcraft did vans too. they are (or were) based here in Elkhart.

as ugly as they were, i'd bet they were excellent quality. my dad was quality control for the company who made the running boards for TravelQuest.

7. az-k5

az-k5 1/2 ton status

They were very good quality and worked really well (looked okay after we put a lift and 33's on it). They never cracked, and barely chipped at the wheel wells after years of gravel road trips.

8. 2FAST4YOU

2FAST4YOU Newbie

wondering value of my 01 starcraft chevy suburban

just ran across this forum and was wondering if anyone knew what the value would be of a 01 chevy suburban starcraft, i have not seen many of these at all. it has the starcraft conversion sticker on the driver door next to the factory sticker stating this vehicle has been altered by starcraft. just wondering how many were made and if it is rare or not.