Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Stargate SG-1

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by sled_dog, Jul 16, 2005.

1. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Watched the first episode of the new season last night, up in the air. Without Richard Dean Anderson or Amanda Tipping I don't know. Cool to see Ben Browder and Claudia Black on the same screen again though. I just hope Ben doesn't play the part exactly like Crichton(so far is pretty damn similar).

Oh and I think it pretty obvious that both Stargate and Stargate: Atlantis had their budgets cut down. Both had crappy visual effects and Atlantis' fight scenes were pretty badly choreographed. Not that Stargate has been known for the greatest fight scenes and all, but the effects used to be a little better.

When the SG-1 team ringed down into "Avalon" the rings look like pieces of plain grey plastic.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

I'll give it a couple months before I pass judgement on it. I think BSG is doing good though.

3. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

I've never watched an episode of it, hate coming in late in things so I doubt I will till they start repeating them a lot(and not during the day when I'm at school). I wanted to watch when they replayed the first seasons the other day but I was at school.

4. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

LA LA L AL AL AL A

DUE DUT DAD DUM

dont spoil stuff yet!!!!!, i havent had a chance to watch it.

i am gunna download it as soon as i can :crazy::crazy: they are a seoson behind up here, but i have my sorces:wink1::wink1:

5. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

ha, well whatever there isn't anything to spoil, its a cliffhanger episode.

6. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

yeah just to be sure though.

I just watched both and i really liked adlantis little predictable on some stuff but it was good.

SG-1 was alright too, but to introduse a new carater is slow and will take a bit.

dont worry amanda tapping will be back in the show soon, she just had a son at the bigining of filming of the season so that is why there is only head shots of her LOL

RDA will aslo be in a few epps, but not too many he wants to spend more time with his family in L.A. and black will be in 4 more epasodes this season.

7. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Black rocks, shes hot and does the sci-fi thing well, so thats cool.

8. ramjet gmc

ramjet gmc CK5 Staff Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

i love sg1 and sg A also but for season premers it was lame --but i am hooked :D

9. dave_90_blazer

dave_90_blazer 1/2 ton status

yeah, I love it all, I have the DVD box sets of SG1 seasons 1-7, can't wait for more

10. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

your hooked!?!?!?

my sons middle name is Teal'c!!!

11. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

Yeah, Amanda Tapping is not out of the show entirely - as stated.

I picked up the TV Guide last week and the cover story was SG-1, SG-Atlantis, and Battlestar Galactica. Actually the budget for Atlantis is higher. They were saying now the special effects that they could do only one a season, they can do almost every other espisode now.

As far as SG-1, you have to give the chemistry some time. I watch old episodes of Star Trek the Next Generation and Farscape, and it is amazing to see the development of the characters. I'm excited to see how Ben Browder develops into the team.

12. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Too bad they didn't find Ben Browder on some planet and have him continue the role of John Criton from Farscape on to SG1. That would have been cool.

13. kyser_soze

kyser_soze 1/2 ton status

I thought how they integrated his charactor was lame. Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but they should have had some foresight about this and worked him in through the last season instead af 1 episode.

14. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

we have been disusing that on a fan board i am part of and the general consences was that that would be a bad idea, or at least not a fan favorte.

i wouldent like it because i have never seen farscape and dont generaly like crossovers.

there was a rumour at one time he would play danial jacksons half brother, but i guess they dident like that idea too much although they did pke fun at it!:haha:

15. sled_dog

sled_dog 1 ton status

Eh, Crichton would have been stupid IMO. Farscape is over, thats that, and we know he wouldn't have walked away from Aeryn for anything so it just wouldn't have worked.

THey should have moved him in slowly or at least hinted at it last season. The way they tied him in, seemed cheap and cheesy. Oh yeah, remember him, he was really important in that whole battle over the antarctic thing, so important, you never saw or heard of him...

16. dave_90_blazer

what fan board?? I haven't found one i liked yet

17. darkshadow

darkshadow 1 ton status

it is http://stargaterebellion.net/stargate-rebellion/news.php

it used to be stargatedownloads when they had them, but something happened like the person who was hosting them took over and tryed to run it him self he was an ass so the founders set this one up.

was great could download the shows till some ass hat thought it would be good to mention that you can download the epps there and they said it on a MGM SITE!!! morons.

not on it much as i work far to much, but i still try to contribte

18. Leper

Leper 1/2 ton status

I am such a loser for devoting my Friday night to watching tv. I am a huge fan of all 3 shows. I even remember watching the original BSG waaaayyyy back in the day. I miss the robot dog. :( It will be difficult to forget the farscape relationship and watch the SG1 show. I like almost all Sci-Fi so I will deal with it.
    BTW anyone remember Buck Rogers in the 21st century? :doah:

19. dave_90_blazer

I loved that

20. mrk5

mrk5 The Sticker Guy Moderator Vendor GMOTM Winner Author

I agree there, I thought it was pretty weak, too. I think they could have done 2 or 3 episodes at the beginnning of this season to bring him in with a better story. I mean heck, I don't think he had to be a hero from the Antartica. Why not Iraq or Afghanistan.