Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

started driving lessons with my 15 yr old daughter

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by COCHEV, Mar 2, 2003.

1. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

yup, told her she has to learn on a stick so we headed out to the forest service roads for some gear grinding fun /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif. kinda funny to watch my 105lb girl trying to shift a good ol' sm 465. after about 10 stalls she did get the hang of it. a year ago i had here driving my 66 cj so this was actually easier. we ran into some mud and snow out in the hills. in one spot doing about 30 she started sliding in the snow and gravel and i'll be damned if after a few fish tails she pulled it out. i just told her to keep correcting in the dirrection she wanted to go and she did. fun stuff. so now every sunday we are going to drive until she gets her licence. she still wants a Honda, but i'm working on that /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif i told her if she can drive an ol clunky truck with a 4 speed everything else will be easy.

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    she still wants a Honda

[/ QUOTE ] /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif The shame you must be feeling. /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif

3. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

Kids these days, what can you do? /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. bryguy00b

bryguy00b 3/4 ton status

yea a lot of the kids are ages seem to be into that stuff. but not me!! i could never see myself in a honda or any forign car for that matter!..and thats why when ever i see a girl driving a truck..im just like...now that is hot!! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ben427

ben427 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and thats why when ever i see a girl driving a truck..im just like...now that is hot!!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Oh yeah !! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

6. TXsizeK5

TXsizeK5 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    and thats why when ever i see a girl driving a truck..im just like...now that is hot!!

[/ QUOTE ]

My god man, its his 15 y/o daughter! /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

Goodluck! I'm sure I freaked my parents out when they were teaching me to drive. I gotta teach my brother next year.. he's 14 now. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif

7. muddysub

muddysub 1 ton suburban status Staff Member Moderator GMOTM Winner

[ QUOTE ]
    she still wants a Honda

[/ QUOTE ] HAHAHAHA my 15 yr old girlfriend wants a lifted 2dr tahoe!! i love that girl!!

8. MudNurI

MudNurI 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    HAHAHAHA my 15 yr old girlfriend wants

[/ QUOTE ]

is that legal in Nevada??????

9. muddysub

uh technically no... but we havent done anything illegal.

10. Capman2k

Capman2k 3/4 ton status

haha... I had a dinner date with a 15 year old last night... broke it off though, I'm just a little too paranoid about possibly pissing her off and her deciding I raped her... Then I'd have to move out of the country and change my name /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

11. muddysub

i dont have to worry about that, we really love eachother.

12. heavy4x4

heavy4x4 1/2 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    i dont have to worry about that, we really love eachother

[/ QUOTE ]
    Better get that in writting for future use /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif "Love" and "Trust" don't mean squat when she's got you hung from your cahones in a court of law. Damn judicial system. *Don't worry, I'm not talking from experience - more like brutal truth*

13. tmaxxer9

tmaxxer9 1/2 ton status

Hey I am only 17 years old and i ain't in to all those nasty rice burners and what not. Accually my first vehicle is a 1975 chevy k5 blazer with a 3 inch suspesion lift and 33 inch tires. so not all us kids are into those death traps others call hondas and what nots.

14. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

[ QUOTE ]
    she still wants a Honda

[/ QUOTE ]
    With gas being a small fortune I think a wise choice. And plus they last forever, so she'll not have to pay a ton for repairs. A K5 would be cool... but unless she has the $$$ it's not practical!

15. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

practical schmactical /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

i drive /forums/images/graemlins/k5.gif, /forums/images/graemlins/truck.gif, and /forums/images/graemlins/burb.gif because i'm from /forums/images/graemlins/usaflag.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

16. COCHEV

COCHEV 1/2 ton status

i was actually thinking more along the lines of a S-10 truck or blazer. would rather she have 4wd living where we do. we'll see. Dad's not made of money so she'll get what she gets and like it /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif its pretty hard to find a used honda around here that hasn't been hacked up, lowered, and rat bagged to death with blue smoke coming out of its 4" exhaust tip.

17. Blaze

Blaze 1/2 ton status

Sounds good! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

I took my 14-year old brother out to drive the other day. My parents bought him my old 92 Firebird, so I thought I'd take him out to get the hang of it. Just in a parking lot, he's pretty good for the first time! He hates Honduh's too! /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

18. ducttape114

ducttape114 1/2 ton status

how bout' some pics of your daughter wheelin???? she is cute right? /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

19. k5ntexas

k5ntexas 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif haha too funny. /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif can't wait to see what cochev says. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif later

jacob

20. Blazinaire

Blazinaire 1/2 ton status

hey you better watch what you're saying there Tape, you don't want your other 15 year old girlfriend to find out /forums/images/graemlins/ignore.gif/forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif