Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Started FIREFIGHTER academy today..... Uh... I learned......

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by uglychevyZZ4, Apr 7, 2004.

1. uglychevyZZ4

uglychevyZZ4 3/4 ton status

......That prior to class, dont eat more than yer' mask can hold /forums/images/graemlins/doah.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

2. unick

unick 1/2 ton status

hahaha

3. SS66

SS66 1/2 ton status

I was thinking about joining the local volunteer fire department. They have a sign outside saying they will train firefighters and EMT's for free. Well I looked into it and it seems you have to pay annual fee's in order to volunteer. Yes thats right boys and girls, you have to PAY to risk your life for total strangers. What a deal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Doesn't look so good coming back up especially in a built in fish bowl over your face!/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

5. Goober

Goober 1/2 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

6. CammoK5

CammoK5 Registered Member

Aaaah the Fire Academy. Those were the days. I did it durning the late summer here in central Texas. Probably the best time of my life besides basic training. Have fun, but take it very serious. Those instructors know what they're talking about. They arent teaching you how to put out fire, theyre teaching you how to do it and stay alive.

7. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    I was thinking about joining the local volunteer fire department. They have a sign outside saying they will train firefighters and EMT's for free. Well I looked into it and it seems you have to pay annual fee's in order to volunteer. Yes thats right boys and girls, you have to PAY to risk your life for total strangers. What a deal /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

[/ QUOTE ]usually the payback for 5000.00 worth of training is to do a year residency in return, but if you get hired on career then they release you from it.

8. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    a built in fish bowl over your face!/forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ]Thank god it wasnt me /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif i love learning lessons just from watching, instead of being the fool, we told him "dude, skip the sausage & eggs" he didnt listed /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

9. txfireman110

txfireman110 1/2 ton status

Congrats on Academy, are you going paid or volunteer?

10. landsmasher

landsmasher 1/2 ton status

Good luck on your training Rob. It's an honorable profession to say the least... /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

11. tecton

tecton 1/2 ton status

whats the training like?

12. uglychevyZZ4

VFF. It is district#47, the best training in the state, they train volunteers at FF1 level so in 3 months Ill be able to pass the career FF1 test /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif

13. kombi59

kombi59 1/2 ton status

congrats /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif and good luck.can real fun experiance. Cammore I went to Goodfellow AFB in San Angelo TX you?

14. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    whats the training like?

[/ QUOTE ]
    um.... serious, hard, challenging, testing, sweaty, hot, dizzy, pukey, thirsty, intimidating, but other than that, its a piece of cake /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Man somebody needs to light a fire under your keester to get you moving faster! /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gifHope all goes well for ya in school man! The life you save tomorrow might be mine............second thought just let me die! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

16. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    Man somebody needs to light a fire under your keester to get you moving faster!

............second thought just let me die! /forums/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /forums/images/graemlins/whistling.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ]
    why
    and no, cant, not allowed /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

17. ChevyCaGal

ChevyCaGal 3/4 ton status

Don't be a Kelso on flare day. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

18. uglychevyZZ4

[ QUOTE ]
    Don't be a Kelso on flare day. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
    /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif but i wont be wearing a 1979 plastic coat that can melt so I'll be ok /forums/images/graemlins/histerical.gif

19. uglychevyZZ4

wow, 40 pages to read and 23 pages of questions on the first night. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif