Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Started flying lessons

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by trailblazer87, Jun 29, 2002.

1. trailblazer87

trailblazer87 1/2 ton status

I just took my first flying lesson today /forums/images/icons/grin.gif
    I'm learning how to fly Ultra-lights, found a guy giving lessons in Turlock CA. It was the scariest thing I've ever done, I thought I was going to cr@p myself when we took off. /forums/images/icons/crazy.gif Once I got used to it it was great /forums/images/icons/laugh.gif
    The freakin' thing took off like a rocket, and we hit a series of thermals right off the runway, we were at 1200 feet in a bout 2 minutes, and maxed out at 2200 right above the inversion layer. Once we got up there above the thermals it was like glass with a steady 30 mph wind so that we cut the motor back to idle and just glided for about 15 minutes before we had to turn back. Always wondered what it waslike to fly like a bird, got pretty close to it today. I am about as afraid of hights as it gets so this was sort of fighting my fears and living lifew to the fullest. I'm definately going to continue instruction. Just as soon as I can scrounge together $1200 for the lessons and then $13500 for a plane /forums/images/icons/frown.gif

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

congrats that sounds like a blast /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

3. chevyfumes

chevyfumes Court jester

/forums/images/icons/cool.gif My bro did the whole ultralite thing and I flew down a dune in one of his gliders... fun I used to drive down after they would fly off a "HILL" LOL. Now he's built a plane, he used to get blasted and BUZZ everybody in town at about 10' off the deck but he's OK now. No wait he's still an idiot... /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif * fumes NOT kidding*

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

That does sound like alot of fun, just to costy for me. /forums/images/icons/cool.gif