Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Started install in the Avalanche

Discussion in 'Audio' started by readymix, Dec 25, 2006.

1. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I installed the headrest monitors a few years go, and saved money at the time by using a cheap single DIN DVD player. It broke of course and I was left to get a new one.

I had contemplated what to buy for a long time before I finally bough one yesterday. I bought the Alpine IVA-D100. It will be replacing the Eclipse head unit and the seperate DVD player the truck has now.

We decided to mount it low in the center/dash console and mount a center channel speaker in the factory head unit location. So far it has gone pretty smooth.
    I have almost all of the wiring soldered up, just need to finish a few loose ends, then mount the amp and power supply....
    (The IVA-D100 does not have a hide-away unit like most do. This has a seperate amp and power supply instead)

I will take a few pics later on. Doubtfully today. Merry christmas everyone.

2. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

3. readymix

readymix 3/4 ton status

I finished the install last night. Only two parts of it were hard.

1. Cutting the console to mount a 1DIN
    2. Figuring out how to defeat the video interlock.

I will try to get a few pics up later....still trying to figure out all that it will do. It works cool when the I-Pod is plugged in. You have full control of the I-Pod from the touchscreen.
    Same with DVD's. You don't have to get the remote. You just get to the menu of the DVD and then press on the screen where it says "Play Movie" or whatever you want to do....IE: Bonus Features, Ect.

4. Avery4jc

Avery4jc 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

thats a cool interface with the DVD's...

-Avery