Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Started my custom build today

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by BowtieBlazer, Mar 22, 2005.

1. BowtieBlazer

BowtieBlazer 1/2 ton status

Thanks to johnspledge and ltalessi for all the help yesterday.
    Special thanks to john for wrenching on it like it was his own.....we got alot done monday in very few hours here is where she started
    [​IMG]

here is where we ended
    [​IMG]

I took the day off today to take care of other things....I'll be at it until late again tomorrow night

Look towards the bottom at the teardown albumn

It took 6 people to pull the cab alone.....and next time we will use atleast 8 the cab weighs ALOT!!

2. BowtieBlazer

[​IMG]

got around to pressure washing and a little more cleaning last night

3 hrs a harbor frieght pressure washer, purple power and a scrub brush.....

3. bayou blazer

bayou blazer 1/2 ton status

Josh,
    Let me know if you need any help with the project. That is a site that I have seen before when I had my body off the frame. How is the diesel build going?
    Later,
    Jeff

4. mr_beer

mr_beer 1/2 ton status

I wish I lived a little closer or I would gladly give you a hand. :frown1:

5. BowtieBlazer

I'm actually working on the rig over off hwy 16 in watson so I'm about 30min closer

6. BowtieBlazer

Its coming along i'm stalled by the $ aspect of things.......I have a custom project going and my daily transportation starts throwing crap at me to fix. Luckily I have a bunch of e-bay auctions to start. A couple axles, tranny and t-case combos to sell and a tax return on the way, not to mention more hours and a pay raise at work! Very soon its just gonna be the making time aspect. It will be finished at the latest in august if I have to take out a loan.

7. BowtieBlazer

Oh how hurricanes and losing a job can wreck havok... Here is where I am right now:
    Engine fitment
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well I cheated a little,thats lee's superfly 4BT/nv4500/np205 my combo is a little more old school, I was just curious how close the motor was gonna line up, and Crawlin K5 is doing an identical setup
    1/29/06
    The blazer has been evicted from its enclosed shop home back into the outdoors, the tub is back on the frame, the frame is zero-rust treated and now it sits in my significant other's driveway, with a tarp over it. Needless to say it will start rolling along a little quicker. I plan on doing the odd ball painting first, firewall, drivetrain parts, gas tank etc.....next hurculining the interior, mocking and mounting the motor, reinstalling the front clip, finishing the driveline, road testing, install the lift, then painting the exterior, by next week....

yeah right! hopefully within the next month or so, depending on my load of school work
    1/31/06
    [​IMG]
    its new home and raincoat
    [​IMG]
    got a little work done today(where I started)
    [​IMG]
    after a long time with the wire wheel
    [​IMG]
    and now a little primer
    [​IMG]
    how about some paint
    [​IMG]