Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Started my exhaust work.... YES I have pics!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by jjlaughner, May 7, 2006.

1. jjlaughner

jjlaughner 3/4 ton status

Well I was back in the garage this weekend. I welded my exhaust partly together. I picked up some stuff from MudFrog (Ck5 member and eBayer). I got a Magnaflow Y-pipe (2- 2.25" into 3" ID), a 3" ID Magnaflow Cat and a 3"ID Flowmaster 50series SUV muffler. Went to AutoZero Saturday and grabbed some 3" clamps, a couple hangers and a section of 3" OD pipe. Cut the 3"OD pipe into 3" sections and started welded. I flatened the hangers that normally go on the round side of the clamp and welded to the bracket so the bolts will be on top! Then I painted it with VHT ceramic header paint, looks pretty cool, hopfully it holders up to Indiana weather. Probley be a couple weeks before I get back under the truck to mount it and then run over to the shop and have them plumb the front pipes and tailpipes.

PICS!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG] 50 series SUV

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

AH YES! It feels good to be back!!!!! :thumb:

On a side note, the Silver Blazer ~Project Wasn't Me~ was in a video shoot this weekend (home video) during the video the last scene was me coming down the road locking up the brakes and sliding the truck sideways... Well about 10feet into the slide the pedal hit the floor and the truck kept on rolling :eek1: Popped a brake line on the back side of the passengers side frame rail where it 90's out to the rubber line :crazy:. I Vice Gripped the line and babied it home trying not to use the brakes, just down shiftin and coasting. I need to shoot some more video in a couple weeks then I can edit it. I need to fire the camera man and hire a new one. :rolleyes:

2. pvfjr

pvfjr 1/2 ton status

That's definitely some nice looking exhaust you got there.