Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Started the bucket seat/custom console swap,pics inside!

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by 96RAM85CHEVY, Mar 3, 2006.

1. 96RAM85CHEVY

96RAM85CHEVY Registered Member

well,i started teardown of the truck,found alot of crap i didnt wanna know about,and some really shoddy wiring,which i guess ill just completely redo.

anyways,thus far ive got the dash completely torn down,going to be replacing alot of the old stuff with new replacement items mainly the dash pad,vents,heater control,door panels,and various other items.

later today im placing the order for new carpet,dynamat{which im getting cheap as hell haha},new cd/mp3 deck and a few other odds and ends,i figure ill get the new seats mounted,and the sub box/custom console built,and work on redoing the dash bits while in the process of the seats/console thingy.

think im just going to go black on the carpet,and doorpanels and headliner,my seats are a charcoal grey,so it should contrast rather well and look pretty good. any ideas you guys have or comments,suggestions,hit me up and let me know,ill continue posting new pics to this thread as progress continues.:D

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

and heres a few before pics of when i bought it.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

im also probably going to end up going with either the covans classic type gauge lauyout,might just buy theregauge panel,since i have most of the gauges leftover from my transam.

or im thinking maybe dakota digital panel in the truck,havent fully made up my mind yet,any ideaS?

ive also debated welding plate in where the stock stereo should have been,and smoothing that all out,since the previous owner hacked it up quite a bit,and then i thought about putting the deck in the center console,or possibly in the dash,in the trim panel where the middle dash vent is,anybody think that would look good if done properly?

2. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Welcome to the world of Chevy C/K trucks. You're far from alone there - I'd be more surprised to hear about an unmolested truck...

I think the deck in the center console is nice if done well. The console will have to be fairly sturdy to resist the "casual" thief trying to take it.
    I personally don't like the deck in the dash vent position, but that's just me.

3. 96RAM85CHEVY

thanks for the comments,i think im going to put it in the center console,i am working on some 3d cad drawings right now since i got my buckets in and mocked up,so now i can work with some real world dimensions. ill post some new pics up later today

4. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

Headunit and sub in the same console? sounds like a "skippy" combonation.

5. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Good point - I didn't even notice that. Not a good combo...

6. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  7. 96RAM85CHEVY

well,i too thought about that,im most likely not going to make the sub box,and center console one peice. not quite sure what im going to do for a sub box,i have 2 12" kicker l7 square subs,but i might throw those in my ram,and put the infinity subs from the ram into the chevy,i dunno yet,i think the L7S might be a bit too much for the chevys rather small cab space

2 12" l7s are 1500 watts RMS,not quite sure thats the hot ticket for the chevy.

im thinking of jsut tossing the subs in the back,one behind each seat in a custom box seperate from the center console. im still working on some drawings,so ill post em up to see what you guys think,as soon as im done withem.

8. jarheadk5

jarheadk5 1/2 ton status

Hey there no regrets...

Are you calling me a noob??

9. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

not really

I just found the pic look like it fit and I just got how to post pics

that all:D

10. NoReGrEtS

NoReGrEtS 1/2 ton status

View attachment 17947

ok there fixed it

Last edited: Oct 25, 2006
  11. BigCountryx

BigCountryx 1/2 ton status

Sub box/Center console works well. I've got a single 8" Fosgate P3 sub in a Custom enclosure with ports firing toward the dash. I cun the origional console at the seam along the side and reused the top half. My storage area is only about 2" deep now, but with the bottom half of the console being contured to follow the origional lines of the console and carpeted to match the floor, it made for a cheap job and really pounds. Not to mention, when running topless, no one can tell theres anything other than a couple 6x9's and 6.5's in the truck.

12. mudslinger99

mudslinger99 1/2 ton status

Price, where from :confused:

13. 2Dogs

2Dogs 1/2 ton status Premium Member

Replace the insulation also. So you will have Dynamat-insualtion-carpet.

Just did mine and it cam oiut great (less noise). Where are you getting your supplies?

14. 96RAM85CHEVY

sorry guys,went out of town on a 4wheelin trip,ill post a few updates of the chevy in the next day or so,and pics of the 4wheelin trip if yall wanna see,its of my dodge ram and buddys dakota though lol.

im getting supplies from best buy,gotta love employee discounts