took a note from tRustyK5's wheel well widening project and started mine. going well(pun intended )so far. just need to finish up the other side and a few minor details and button it all up. each WW will be 4 in wider then stock. also trimming the wheel well opening on the body up too. I got another set of wheel wells from the junk yard for 22 bucks that were clean and dent free. first thing I did was the cut the floor keeping the edge where the wheel well bolts to the bed floor at, length wise with the truck at the bottom of the first bed pleet. then made two cuts from the front and back of the floor at the WW opening inboard to the linear cut. then I cut out another section of pleet to the next pleet and rewelded the piece with the bolt flange back in place. ofcourse this gave me the factory bolt locations still to use. then I cut the wheel well right at the radius of the well, bout 8 inches from the mount surface of the WW that attaches to the bed side. then I cut the 2nd well at the same location. from this cut I cut about a 4 1/4 piece off. then I bolted each half of the WW into its stock lacation the measured the gap til it was as it should be and tack welded a piece of sheet metal across both pieces to hold it in place. then from underneath I lined up the edge of the inboard half and the edge of the strip I cut out of the 2nd WW. with some clamps clamped the strip in place as good as I could. I made the strip 4 1/4 incase I made a cut that was not perfectly straight. I then drew a line using the outboard edge onto the strip and cut off the excess and but welded it into place. fairly easy mod, just takes a bit time. will be able to flex a big tire up in there without rubbing now.