Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Started work on my half doors *pics*

Discussion in 'Pacific Region' started by TrcksR4ME, Jan 11, 2004.

1. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Since I have soo much time on my hands these days I thought why not start work on my half doors since I have the donor doors and materials ready to go. So far I am about 1 day into it and have the passenger door 3/4 done.

My welding skills are somewhat sub-par /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif and I am using flux core wire for the welding /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif but with a little grinding it will look decent /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif Just kinda jumped into it with an idea in my head and no real plans on how to make them, think I'll call it JUST DO IT ENGINEERING /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I am making them so that someday I might be able to make a canvas/vinyl panel that can button on or something since we have a fair amount of rainy and cold weather, maximize the opening for a better view, and also leave the upper door frame intact for a cleaner look when on the truck.

2. mudhog

mudhog THEGAME Staff Member Super Moderator

looks good /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. UNCLE CRACKER

UNCLE CRACKER 1/2 ton status

4. kennyw

kennyw N9PHW Premium Member

Looking good though /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif If you screw anything up I have plenty of beat up doors available for free, probably 2 or 3 sets if anyone else is still wanting some.

5. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Do you have any door hinges?? I want to get another set of hinges for both doors. TIA

6. kennyw

I probably do. Some of the doors have them, some dont. I will check the ones up here in WA tonight, the rest are in Central OR and I wont be able to check them until the weekend.

7. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

cool, thanks /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

8. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

I think i have a couple out in the back yard if you cant get any from kenny, let me know if you need them, I will check and make sure I have some tomorrow
    Rick, oh ya and I am in the same boat as you not workin and all so if you ever need any help workin on whatever let me know I need to get out and do some more stuff

9. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Thanks. I am planning to cut out my rockers and put in some box tube rock sliders (hopefully soon). If your interested in helping out with that that'd be cool. I have never done/or seen it done before but thats never stopped me from doing anything /forums/images/graemlins/rotfl.gif

10. kennyw

Since Rick is local you may want to grab the hinges from him. Be cheaper than paying shipping for mine /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

11. 4xrick

4xrick 1/2 ton status

ya i can help you with that I have never done it before eather but would like to do it to my truck as well and also do some fender trimming but first i gotta do replace the head gasket i blew last week /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

12. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

Bring your truck and welder down here mike and we can have a do it here. I only have Mon. Tue. and Wed. off though. Makes a weekend wrench fest kinda hard.

13. TrcksR4ME

TrcksR4ME 1/2 ton status

Well since I am not working I am pretty flexible on my wrenching days /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Do you know of any places to get metal in your area? I am looking for some expanded metal to do the grill-want to do that pretty soon as well.

14. donimator

donimator 1/2 ton status

There is two or three metal supply stores in Tacoma that we could go to. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

15. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Kool /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif! I want a set of those, how much for a set ready to bolt on?
    Bill