Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starter or connection

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by BowtieRed, Apr 26, 2003.

1. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

lately my started won't turn over. i have to get a jump from another car, but i have to let it charge for about 5 minutes to get enough juice for one start. does this sound like a bad starter? mud in the starter? bad connection. not the battery, i put a deepcycle in. . .nothing.

2. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

i bet its your battery cables. if there corroded on the inside (which mine were) then the won't conduct well. i replaced mine and after that all was well /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

3. BowtieRed

BowtieRed 1/2 ton status Author

like not the terminal connection, but the inside of the cable? that would make sense, because my truck starter work fine foru months ago when i drove it daily. . .

4. NITRO

NITRO 1/2 ton status

check the connection where the cable bolts on to the starter. sounds like a loose connection.

NITRO

5. pilgrim

pilgrim 1/2 ton status

yeah the whole cable /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif that is if its not the connection /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif but i think its your whole cable /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif