Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starter question did search

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by rustyk5, May 30, 2004.

1. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

Damit!! I fix one thing on my blazer and something else breaks or falls off!!! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gifStill isnt roadworthy! Tried to start it yeasterday, strarted to turned over well then all of a sudden nothing. It sounds like I have an air wrench where my starter should be. I think my starter is not engaging? With all of the vehicles I've owned this is a new one for me, I have never dealt with anything other than a selenoid. Any help/advice would be great. 6.2L diesel new starter selenoid. Thanks in advance.
    Andy

2. POWERMAD

POWERMAD 1/2 ton status

It sounds like there is not enough battery power to the starter.
    Check the batteries and connections first.

3. diesel4me

diesel4me 1 ton status Premium Member

My 6.2 starter is in about 50 peices as we speak!,my problem sounds like what you are describing,mine sounds like its stripping the flywheel,and sometimes it just spins without turning the motor--I think its the starter drive,mine was a recent delco remy rebuilt,so I am assuming the former owner(and me too /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif)had to use ether to start it and it wounded the starter drive.I'm waiting for a parts store to open,probably wont be able to get a new one till tommorrow,when its raining of course,since I took it out outside during saturdays beautiful weather! /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif
    I cant see any real damage to the flywheel,the starter drive gear is a little worn,but no broken teeth or anything,so I am going to replace only the drive,and see what happenns,good luck on your dilema! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

4. rustyk5

rustyk5 Registered Member

Thanks for the info guys
    /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gifandy