Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starter Question

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by RustBuket, Jul 2, 2003.

1. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

I'm puttin the 305 back in my chevy and last night I was stumped. I can't remember where the wires go. There are three connections I have to make. One of them is the main (+) off of the battery, I don't remember where this goes. Does it go to the solenoid? Also, do all the wires go to the solenoid or does one go to the starter motor itself. HELP me plz! /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

2. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

All the wires goto the solenoid, the one off the batter and the one coming from the alt/ign circuit goto the big stud on the upper part of the solenoid, the small eyelet connector goes to the right side little pole (if viewing the solenoid from the connection side) /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. RustBuket

RustBuket 1/2 ton status

Thats what I was thinking but I didn't want to fry anything! Thanks man you're a big help.

4. Muddytazz

Muddytazz 1 ton status

/forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif