Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starter Recomendations

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by 88trailblazer, Jan 11, 2007.

1. 88trailblazer

88trailblazer 1/2 ton status

Well, it looks like my stock starter is finally ready to crap out. I was told at the machine shop that because the block was running 10:0:1 or 11:0:1 ratio it would eat through starters. This is now starter number two and when they worked they sounded like crap.

These are some starters that i found on the Summit website. If there is a good one not listed, let me know. The truck is a 78 K10 with the 350/700r4/208 combo, headman headers, and it plays in the mud and water.

[​IMG]

2. BadBob

BadBob 1/2 ton status

you'd probably have better luck with a gear reduction starter if that's your problem.

3. 4X4HIGH

4X4HIGH 1 ton status Premium Member GMOTM Winner

Gear ruduction starter all the way. One reason is it will require less work to do the same job and also they are a sealed unit which is best if you're subjecting it to mud.

4. 88trailblazer

88trailblazer 1/2 ton status

Okay, I don't really know didly about starters. What are you guys talking about? Who sells one and how much are they?

5. imiceman44

imiceman44 1 ton status

#1, #4, #5, #6, & #7 are gear reduction.
    I would go with with #1 or #5.
    If you really want to go all out, #4 or #6 are the strongest but the most expensive too.
    :D