Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starter story

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Blazerbob, Mar 18, 2000.

1. Blazerbob

Blazerbob 1/2 ton status

Well guys, I came back from Erie friday only to find out I have to work in Rochester(homebase) Saturday[​IMG].While at work I get a page from my wife saying that the K5 won't start[​IMG].I get done at 2pm then go to pep girls to get a heat shield for the solenoid.Well the moron couldn't find one[​IMG] so I went to Autozone and once again they save the day($4)[​IMG]. Then I spend a 1/2 hour diggin thru leaves to get the starter (original GM [​IMG]) out of the junker 80K5[​IMG] that has been sitting since fall. Then I had to lay in the mud for an hour changing the crappy aftermarket starter in the 83.Damn headers[​IMG]. Turn key and vroom! just like new[​IMG]. Then spent the next 2 hours catching up on this board [​IMG].
    [​IMG]Original GM starters rule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

<font color=blue>Blazerbob</font color=blue>[​IMG]

2. cocky

cocky Registered Member

That's cool the way you used the faces to punctuate your story. At least you got your truck fixed

Richard
    1970 k5 Blazer
    Don't stand in front of a train naked

3. Eagle86K5

Eagle86K5 1/2 ton status

There are just somethings you need to by direct from the Chevy place. If ya want it to last that is.

<font color=green>Eagle86K5[​IMG]

<font color=red>Only guy I know that can get out of line in a one car funeral