Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starter switch wiring

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Frankp, Feb 11, 2001.

1. Frankp

Frankp Registered Member

Hello, I am trying to repair a difficult starter problem and need to know the wiring color codes at the ignition switch. Mine stays running only when the switch is held to start. I put in a new switch but still have problem. I have a 1977 K10 4x4, this board is more active than truck board and since they are the same switches I posted here. My columm is non tilt, the tilt wheel switch works oposite mine. Thanks for help.

2. Frankp

Frankp Registered Member

My truck will only stay running with the ignition is held to on and the starter started with a seperate switch.it shuts off as soon as it is released . Is this a grounding problem? My coolant sensor was grounded, I fixed that. Need to know what the basic wires start and keep the truck running. Haynes does not show the switch veery well. Thanks.

3. Frankp

Frankp Registered Member

Did I answer my own question? Does the solinoid wire need to be on the starter to complete a circuit somewhere? I have been using a remote starter in the cab.