Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starter

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by Sammy, Nov 5, 2001.

1. Sammy

Sammy 1/2 ton status

Ok, I'm here at the office and trying to order a new starter. (the one that is under the rig boiled red hot last night). Now I have 2 problems.
    1. The Blazer is 60Miles away, so I can't have a look under it.
    2. The guy at the parts store does not know what I need for a 1988 350V8. But this is very common in the Netherlands. (The knolage of the guy I mean)

So the question is, what type and brand does Chevrolet use? I'm not looking into a high torque version. I see no use in that.

Thanks!

1988 K5 Blazer Silverado Grand GT in the Netherlands. "No it does not fit everywhere overhere, but after one pass through it will fit the next time"

2. prjt_blzr

prjt_blzr 1/2 ton status

Sammy, Most if not all SBC in trucks use the same starter for at least 20 years. The nose cone has two bolts that run perpendicular to the starter shaft and it has an integral solenoid. The nose cone should be aluminium and the body will be steel. GM parts are AC Delco. This is not very descriptive but what exactly do you need to know??
    Mike

3. ArrowheadK5

ArrowheadK5 1/2 ton status

You probably know this, but be careful when you are connectng battery contacts, those little contact posts are threaded but reallly soft and break off easy. .02

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
    --Thomas Jefferson