Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Startin off the New Year with a Bang..Lots o' Pics..

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by k5 krawler 50, Dec 31, 2006.

1. k5 krawler 50

k5 krawler 50 1/2 ton status

Well, tomorrow will be a busy day for my grandpa and i. Since Santa was good to me this year he hooked me up with a whole bunch goods.
    [​IMG]

The parts consided of a GLO Diamond Plate Diff cover, 5.13 thick gears, and a master install kit. I went in to my dad's work and spent some time sandblasting and painting the diff cover an aluminum look. The diff cover has a cool drain plug located in the diff ring.. I thought it was a very inovative add on to the cover..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Now, before i go all out on this install and get everything ready, i had a couple of questions for the CK5 family. Since this is my first time ever working on a 14ff, i just wanted to make sure that i had the right carrier for the gears.. if not.. then i will have to put off the build until i can get the right one. Since the gears are 5.13 thick gears, i need a 4.10 and down carrier.. so.. is this a 4.10 and down gov-loc??

[​IMG]

A here is a little teaser pic of what the axle will look like..hopefully it will turn out looking as good as the dana 60..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. sweetk30

sweetk30 professional hooker Premium Member

3. k5 krawler 50

hey thanks.. I was just searching for carrier identifications and i came across this about five mins ago.. However.. i cant really tell if mine matches the 4.56 carrier or the 4.10 carrier.. and its to dark outside now to go measure.. oh well.. i guess i will find out tomorrow morning..

4. BlaKK54Speed

BlaKK54Speed 1/2 ton status

nice.......

5. southernspeed

southernspeed 1/2 ton status GMOTM Winner

Wow, Santa da Man! Nice little hot rod truck in the making too!

6. k5 krawler 50

thanks man, yea the 55' is my grandpa's pride and joy.. it is coming along nicely.. that pic was taken in aug..it should be pretty fun to drive..