Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starting an online emissions label collection

Discussion in 'The Garage' started by dyeager535, Jan 9, 2004.

1. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

Figured quite a few people need info from these labels, and since I go to the wrecking yard so often (usually), I should start pulling them.

Usually pretty hard to pull them off of the trucks, you'll notice both of these required some work on my part to make them even halfway legible. (also why the file size is so huge)

Anyone think this is worth my time to continue, or should I forget it?

83 305 and 85 350 truck emissions labels

The only problem with these is that I don't know how to cross reference the sticker with a particular truck. Core supports can be changed, I assume on the '85 label, for instance, "UHX" somehow identifies the vehicle and deestination, (high altitude, ca, federal, etc) but I don't know where those codes and their meaning can be found.

2. FRIZZLEFRY

FRIZZLEFRY 1/2 ton status

Sounds like a great idea.I would have been lost without the one on my Blazer.

Before I let my Blazer body go to the scrap yard I cut the label out of the core support with a sawzall /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif.It was an 81 Blazer.I can snap a pic for your collection if ya want /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

3. R72K5

R72K5 Banned

have wasted so many of these in the past its not funny,

hum

4. HarryH3

HarryH3 1 ton status Author

Dorian, PM me your email address and I'll send you a copy of one for a 1987 Corvette. It's still on the paper backing. /forums/images/graemlins/eek.gif I bought it from the dealer to stick on my '75 K5 when/if I ever get around to swapping in a new front clip. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

5. ColAdo82K5

ColAdo82K5 1/2 ton status

I have a good pic of the hose routing on an 82 model 350 truck if you want it. PM for it.
    Blake

6. sandawgk5

sandawgk5 3/4 ton status

I have an 87 TBI I can take a picture of the label and send it to you if you need.

7. dyeager535

dyeager535 1 ton status Premium Member

If you can snap a pic that is big enough and clear enough to make it legible, send it over. Can't be much more than 1MB though, my mailbox isn't that big. Email address in my profile will work fine.