Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

STARTING CARPET INSTALLATION... NEED HELP!

Discussion in '1973-1991 K5 Blazer | Truck | Suburban' started by IL84JIMMY, Sep 15, 2002.

1. IL84JIMMY

IL84JIMMY Registered Member

HEY EVERYONE, I JUST GOT MY ORDER OF NEW CARPETING IN THE MAIL FROM LMC, AND NOW I WANTING TO GET IT OUT OF THE BOX, AND IN MY RIG. BUT I NEED SOME INSTRUCTION. I FIGURE IT IS BETTER TO ASK AND DO IT RIGHT, THAN TRY TO STUMBLE THROUGH IT, AND IT WILL END UP LOOKING HORRIBLE. SO I WAS WONDERING IF THERE WAS ANYONE OUT THERE WHO HAS DONE THIS IN THE PAST AND COULD TAKE ME THROUGH THE PROCESS STEP BY STEP, AND ALSO LET ME KNOW ABOUT SHORTCUTS OR MISTAKES TO LOOK OUT FOR, CAUSE I WOULD PROBABLY MAKE THEM. THE TUB IS LINED WITH SOME DO IT YOURSELF BED LINER, AND I HAVE ALL THE SEATS OUT AND I AM READY TO GET STARTED. SO I AM JUST WAITING FOR A HELPFUL SOUL WHO WILL SHOW A NOVICE WHAT'S WHAT. THANKS FOR ANY HELP OFFERED.

2. Derf00

Derf00 1/2 ton status

First, if you have room, get the carpet out on the driveway in the sun and let it warm up, some of the wrinkles and creases will disappear. Make sure the area where you are going to put down the carpet is clean, put all the bolts back in that are going through the carpet. Lay the carpet in, make sure it is going to fit properly, smooth it out, cut a slit just large enough to get the bolt heads through, put your seat belts and seats back in, smooth any wrinkles before you bolt down the seats, then install the trim pieces, vaccum the carpet, and you are done. Any remaining creases will smooth out after it gets warm and completly conforms to the floor.

3. beater74

beater74 1/2 ton status

stop yelling please!!

4. UseYourBlinker

UseYourBlinker 1 ton status

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
    stop yelling please!!

[/ QUOTE ]

....also makes it hard to read. /forums/images/icons/smirk.gif

5. IL84JIMMY

IL84JIMMY Registered Member

Thanks everyone for the helpful hints about the carpeting and sorry about the caps, i had the caps lock on to sign in my user name, and didnt even think about turning it off, i was in a hurry. Sorry bout that, didnt mean to make it difficult to read, or give anyone a headache. thanks again.