Dismiss Notice

Welcome To CK5!

Registering is free and easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon.

Score a FREE t-shirt and membership sticker when you sign up for a Premium Membership and choose the recurring plan.

Starting off to be a good week.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Z3PR, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Today I got aproved for a personal loan to buy a El Camino. Tomorrow I'm going to Casper, Wy. for the Metallica concert. Wensday I go 150 miles east on I-90 to get my 1978 El Camino SS [​IMG] [​IMG] /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif Yeap, starting to be a good week. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

2. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Think it'll get better milage then the K5 ??? Think it'll be a good vehilce to build a stereo system in ???

3. 75-K5

75-K5 3/4 ton status

Yes, and yes. /forums/images/graemlins/thumb.gif

4. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

Got the cash in my hot little hands. Going to Metellica tonight 400 miles away. Figure I'll get home at about 5am, then back on the road anouther 150 miles to go get my 78 El Camino SS. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/peace.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/woot.gif /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif

5. Tweetysuarus

Tweetysuarus 1/2 ton status

Are you sure it's a "SS" I have done a search in GM data base parts catalogs and can't for the life of me find a 78 El Camino "SS" Better ask around before you get burned on a rebadged rig. Emblems are easily swapped on. JMO. Looks nice otherwise.
    Bill

6. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Are you sure it's a "SS" I have done a search in GM data base parts catalogs and can't for the life of me find a 78 El Camino "SS" Better ask around before you get burned on a rebadged rig. Emblems are easily swapped on. JMO. Looks nice otherwise.
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ]It says SS on the title, and has the propper badges in the propper locations. SS info I'm not too concerned about it being a SS or not. It's got a "Rust Free" body !!! It doesn't NEED anything done other then have the A/C fixed. Besides, I'm only paying $3,000.00 for it.

7. Tweetysuarus

Just asking.......I don't like being scammed by other people that want to make an extra buck by rebadging a rig to say it's a "SS"! Looks like you might have done your homework. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Bill

8. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    Just asking.......I don't like being scammed by other people that want to make an extra buck by rebadging a rig to say it's a "SS"! Looks like you might have done your homework. /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Bill

[/ QUOTE ]Went and got it. Body is great. Needs power windows fixed. On the drive home the fuel pump went out. Ended up having it towed to my bro's house in Rathole Shitty. I didn't expect a $280.00 tow after I spend $3,000.00 to buy the damn thing.

9. Tweetysuarus

/forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif /forums/images/graemlins/yikes.gif
    Better go through from top to bottom front to back! /forums/images/graemlins/waytogo.gif
    Bill

10. marine_enlisted

marine_enlisted 1/2 ton status

That blows! How far was the tow?

11. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

About 120 miles. Yeah, it blows big time. I had to borrow the money for the tow from my mother and she ripped me to shreads. But I didn't have anyone else I could call. /forums/images/graemlins/deal.gif

12. gotmud?

gotmud? 1/2 ton status

Yep that sucks! I drove down to W.VA to buy this 64K mile 89 Subaru only to get it home and the gas tank starts to leak /forums/images/graemlins/angryfire.gif

13. 84_Chevy_K10

84_Chevy_K10 Banned

That's what you get for buying a Subaru.

Why didn't you fix the El Camino fuel pump on the side of the road?

14. Z3PR

Z3PR Banned

[ QUOTE ]
    That's what you get for buying a Subaru.

Why didn't you fix the El Camino fuel pump on the side of the road?

[/ QUOTE ]No tools with me, nearest part store 80 some miles, exhausted from only 3 hours of sleep in 2 days,...ect.